3.11.2005

want networking?

Posted by Luo Hei of dsgp.blogspot.com (spanish)

After some work, I adapted an sdl_net example. I removed exotic dependences to SDL_gui and transformed the demo from a chat to a simple click transfer program. I still don't know very well how it works, but I think it can illustrate the use of sdl_net in a game much better. As soon as I feel in the mood (and I know a bit more about sdl_net) I will rewrite it to an UDP based client-server system. UDP is good for your bandwidth, if you don't care about some lost packets. Also I plan to use some simple multithreading. Feel free to post suggestions/improvements.
Get source here. Run server, run client and click in some place in the window, and the server will receive the click coordinates.

4 Comments:

Blogger roger said...

Just in case someone is interested, udp client-server demo is on the way, server ready, client being slowly rewritten. This time a VC 7 project will be included.

3/19/2005 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ^^

I think there are a bunch of people interested over the world, since there aren't much examples on sdl_net and the documentation on functions doesn't answer what we want to know. For one, I am interested in it :p

5/02/2005 3:16 PM  
Anonymous reverse mortgage article said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

11/08/2005 11:08 PM  
Anonymous home equity line of credit calculator said...

A

11/28/2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home